W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2009

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-03-12

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:21:33 -0400
Message-ID: <49B7E50D.4080602@intertwingly.net>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
*** note the shift in times outside of the US ***

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2009-03-12 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.

          http://timeanddate.com/s/14jg

Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New
Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

I (Sam Ruby) will chair this meeting.  We are looking for a scribe.

Agenda:

        The bulk of the interesting topics we want to cover will be 
included by a review of raised, open, and pending review items from the 
tracker, based on target dates of associated action items:

        http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

Issues to be discussed:

   ISSUE-59 (normative-language-reference): [Mike]
     criteria for demonstrating group support

   ISSUE-37 (html-svg-mathml): [Doug]
      proposal is actively being discussed on the mailing list

Other overdue action items:

   ACTION-34 Prepare "Web Developer's Guide to HTML5" for publication
   in some way, as discussed on 2007-11-28 phone conference
   [Lachlan Hunt]

   ACTION-78 work on text and heading for 1.5.4 Relationship to
   Flash, Silverlight, XUL and similar proprietary languages
   [Lachlan Hunt]

Upcoming issues:

   ISSUE-56 (urls-webarch): [Dan] is date correct?

   ISSUE-63 (origin-req-scope): [Henri] is date correct?

   ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): [Matt] is date correct?

   ISSUE-54 (doctype-legacy-compat): [Lachlan] is date correct?

The AC meeting starts on the 22nd.  Hot topics there likely include the 
relationship with the XHTML2 WG and license.  I plan to attend and my 
position is that the overlap on the namespace a MIME type needs to be 
resolved, and I plan to reiterate the requirement that substantial 
excerpts from the spec can be incorporated into codebases that ship 
under the MIT license.

Additions to the agenda are welcome. If you plan to attend the telcon
and wish to place an item on the agenda, please reply to this message
with your agenda request.

Dial-in and IRC details:

      Zakim teleconference bridge
       +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
       code: HTML (4865)

      Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
        #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

- Sam Ruby
Received on Wednesday, 11 March 2009 16:22:27 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:50 UTC