Re: XHTML5 Test Submission

On 06/24/2010 01:25 AM, Kris Krueger wrote:
> In an effort to improve browser interoperability, Microsoft has submitted more HTML5 tests for XHTML5.
> Microsoft welcomes feedback on the tests if they are incorrect per the HTML5 specification.
>
> http://test.w3.org/html/tests/submission/Microsoft/

(Apologies I missed this email earlier).

These tests are all manual tests. However they are typically not testing
things that *require* manual testing. Given the high costs of running
manual tests and the relative difficulty of adding them to automated
regression testing systems, I believe this should be sufficient grounds
to reject the tests. Also, it is important for Process reasons that
compiling implementation reports is simple. Having even a small
percentage of manual tests out of the tens of thousands of tests that
HTML5 will require will constitute a significant burden on the
production and update of implementation reports. Therefore I propose
that we have a policy that manual tests be accompanied by an
explaination of why the test _must_ be manual and cannot be implemented
as either a javascript test or a reftest.