Re: Test Case Approval Request

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:53:00 +0900
To: "Kris Krueger" <krisk@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-html-testsuite@w3.org" <public-html-testsuite@w3.org>
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:43:26 +0900, Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> OK - I submitted an interface test for the HTMLAnchorElement
> See ->
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/raw-file/tip/tests/submission/Microsoft/interface/anchor_href.htm
>
> This is quite a simple framework and removes all the old harness code
> except for the assert functions.
>
> One question would be would we rather have all the attributes tested on
> one page (href, target, rel, etc...) or have one page for each attribute.

I haven't really looked at the framework in use, but this test is not
testing the href IDL attribute. It is testing that the href content
attribute behaves like any other content attribute. I suppose that is
somewhat valuable given how Opera treated certain content attributes and
how Internet Explorer treated IDL and content attributes the same, but it
is certainly not testing the interface.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/