RE: WAVE and EME support

On behalf of the W3C and the HTML Media Extensions WG I want to thank the CTA WAVE project and its member companies for providing this support.

I look forward to how these engineering resources can help the WG:

a)      Convert the remaining Google submitted test cases for use in the EME test suite.  See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0085.html

b)     Create multi-session tests as suggested by Mark Watson.  See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0080.html

c)      Create additional tests as suggest by Mark Watson:  See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0085.html

a.      sequential use of different keys, including pausing (waitingforkey) when encountering a new key

b.      alternating clear and encrypted content within a file

c.      a test without initData (where there is no encrypted event). See this issue.

d.      expiration attribute

d)     Help us expand the test suite to cover more features

e)     Help run an updated test suite and to evaluate the test suite results.  See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0084.html  and https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2016Sep/0072.html

I invite HME WG members work collectively with the CTA WAVE resources to move the EME test suite forward.  We will discuss how to organize this work at the HME WG meeting on Mon and Tue next week.

/paulc
HME WG Chair