W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > May 2015

Re: {agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2015-05-19 - Action items, EME bugs and status

From: Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 13:35:38 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
CC: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>, "Philippe Le Hegaret (plh@w3.org)" <plh@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1D570694-9363-4755-BDA6-2EF9AFC7C3E2@adobe.com>
Actually I will have to send regrets. Looks like I will still be on the road and not able to dial in at all. Sorry.

> On May 18, 2015, at 11:03 PM, Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com> wrote:
> 
> Just a quick heads up  I will not be able to scribe tomorrow (I will not have my laptop) and may have to leave about early..
> 
> Joe
> 
>> On May 18, 2015, at 1:48 PM, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2015-05-19 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.
>> 
>> http://timeanddate.com/s/2tzt
>> 
>> Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.
>> 
>> Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
>> Scribe: TBD
>> 
>> (See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)
>> 
>> == Agenda ==
>> 
>> 1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe
>> 
>> 2. Previous meeting minutes
>> May 5:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0018.html
>> F2F minutes:
>> http://www.w3.org/2015/04/15-html-media-minutes.html
>> http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html
>> F2F web page and agenda
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2015-04-Agenda
>> 
>> 3. F2F action items
>> 
>> a) ACTION-83 - Point web and tv ig members to the use case wiki page. [on Daniel Davis - due 2015-04-22].
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/83
>> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0037.html
>> 
>> b) ACTION-84 - (really rustamk) to update uses cases and arrange for further discussion [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-22].
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/84
>> 
>> c) ACTION-86 - Send an update on bug 27269 [on David Dorwin - due 2015-05-30].
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/86
>> 
>> d) ACTION-88: Check on whether the proposed generic license request/response protocol is in scope of the current html wg charter
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/88 [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
>> DONE.  See:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0003.html
>> 
>> e) ACTION-89: Do a html wg cfc to move eme to process 2014 and to move it to be published automatically to tr space for each editor's draft commit [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/89
>> DONE.  See:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0031.html
>> 
>> f) ACTION-90: Update bug 20944 if the tf goes ahead with work on generic license request/response protocol [on Paul Cotton - due 2015-04-23].
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/90
>> 
>> g) ACTION-92: Build a generic wiki agenda for future tf meetings
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/92
>> 
>> 4. ACTION-88: Check on whether the proposed generic license request/response protocol is in scope of the current html wg charter
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0017.html
>> Status: I have asked Philippe to join the TF meeting to discuss this item.
>> 
>> 5.  NEW EME issues since May 5
>> 
>> a) Issue 56 - Examples incorrectly use single quotes for codecs
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/56
>> 
>> 6. New EME issues discussed on May 5
>> 
>> a) ISSUE-50 -  Remove recommendation for distinct keys for distinct policies
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/50
>> Status from May 5: David has given folks a ptr and patially answered Marks question, He said he will update the issue.
>> 
>> b) ISSUE-51 - Remove steps associated with cross-origin or non-clearable identifiers, as these are not allowed
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/51
>> Status from May 5:  Agreed upon changes assigned to Editors.
>> 
>> c) ISSUE-52 - Remove reference to keys in Initialization Data definition
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/52
>> Status from May 5: David said Issues 41 and 52 must be resolved together
>> 
>> d) ISSUE-53 - Allow for long-lived key encryption keys (aka "master" keys) to increase performance
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/53
>> Status as of May 5: Discussion pending.  Awaiting David's review.
>> 
>> e) ISSUE-55 - Clarify that "resources" in close() method refers to non-persisted data
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues/55
>> Status from May 5:  Agreed upon changes assigned to Editors.
>> 
>> 7. EME status and bugs
>> 
>> a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft https://w3c.github.io/encrypted-media/
>> Last updated on Apr 30
>> 
>> b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:
>> http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo
>> Status as of May 18: 14 bugs
>> Status as of May 4: 16 bugs
>> Status as of Apr 6: 19 bugs
>> 
>> c) EME GitHub issues
>> https://github.com/w3c/encrypted-media/issues
>> Status as of May 18: 32 bugs
>> Status as of Mary 4: 31 bugs
>> Status as of Apr 6: 23 bugs
>> 
>> 8. Next meeting
>> 
>> 9. Any other business
>> 
>> 10. Chair and Scribe for next meeting
>> 
>> 11. Adjournment
>> 
>> == Dial-in and IRC Details ==
>> 
>> Zakim teleconference bridge:
>>   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")
>> https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366
>> 
>> Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
>>   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
>> 
>> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
>> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
>> Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
>> 
>> 
> 


Received on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 13:36:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 19 May 2015 13:36:17 UTC