W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > May 2015

{minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2015-05-12 - MSE test suite and MSE bug status

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 14:10:16 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CY1PR0301MB11968B930E85748666AEBDDAEAD90@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
See http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-minutes.html and below for the minutes of the May 12 Media TF meeting.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329


[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Media Task Force Teleconference
12 May 2015

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0030.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
plh
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Bug 27239 - Update SourceBuffer.appendStream() and related algorithms to use ReadableByteStream<http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-minutes.html#item01>
  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2015/05/12-html-media-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 12 May 2015

<MattWolenetz> Good morning, Paul.

<MattWolenetz> My phone connection will hopefully be much improved today.

<MattWolenetz> btw, w3c-test.org is not responding to me this morning.

<paulc> about to join on the phone

<paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0030.html

http://www.w3.org/2015/07/zakim.html
Bug 27239 - Update SourceBuffer.appendStream() and related algorithms to use ReadableByteStream

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27239#c8

Paul: we should at lest decide whether we're going to change MSE to change to that interface

Matt: think it's a good idea. understand it's part of things we need to wrap up
... I have to go back through and make sure I understand what the changes are

Paul: the MSE changelog in December 2014 has some info.
... see also the discussion from TPAC last year

Matt: ok, will look

Paul: I propose that we reconvene again in 2 weeks
... ie May 26

Matt: that's fine
... any discussion with Mozilla?

Paul: Joe was going to contact them?

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/2015/04/16-html-media-minutes.html#item01

Paul: looks like it was Mike
... we shoud reach out to Mike and ask a status about the problems from Mozilla

Matt: the test runner is having problems

<paulc> http://www.w3c-test.org/tools/runner/

#testing

<paulc> The test runner is not responsive today. #testing is a useful contact point

Matt: exit criteria for MSE.

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/CR-media-source-20150331/ refers to 'This document is governed by the 1 August 2014 W3C Process Document. " by mistake.

<paulc> We can either get approval to switch to the default Process or change the SOTD on the next publication.

Paul: we have one at-risk feature and we need 2 implementations

Matt: the test suite may not be complete and some implementations may not pass the full test suite
... how do we judge that we have enough?

Paul: we should aim to have 2 passes for each test

Matt: we have multiple mime types
... the 2 user agents need to show conformance for one of the supported codecs
... for example, chrome and IE with MP4 would be sufficient

Paul: this is an extension point in the spec
... for EME, they're planning content that can be encrypted in multiple formats

http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#implementation-experience

Jerry: distinction between the interfaces and the formats. positive thing to test all the formats but testing the protocol on 2 or more browsers was the proof that the spec can be implemented
... we don't have WebM support for now but don't want to block the spec on it either

Matt: we have a timestamp flag that is true for only one of them

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2015May/0029.html is plh's update on the HTML WG status

<paulc> See http://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/0506-html/?full#13 is noted

<paulc> plh: One item being discussed is to move MSE and EME into a new "Media WG".

<paulc> ... but we want to NOT disrupt the current TF work

<paulc> ... MSE and EME work should continue unabated for now

Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.140 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2015/05/12 15:37:33 $
________________________________




image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Wednesday, 13 May 2015 14:10:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 13 May 2015 14:10:49 UTC