W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > November 2014

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2014-11-11 - EME status and bug discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 04:15:44 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <29e9817281e04ae49aa9407b88f5b55e@CY1PR0301MB1196.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2014-11-11 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.



http://timeanddate.com/s/2r6s



Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.



Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe



2. Previous meeting minutes

HTML WG F2F minutes:

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html

Oct 14:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Oct/0024.html



3. Media TF next F2F

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item31

Status: Paul is working on finding a date and host for a F2F meeting in January 2015.



4. EME action items

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/open



5. EME status and bugs



a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html

Last updated on Oct 30.



b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

Status as of Nov 9: 31 bugs

Status as of Oct 13: 19 bugs



6. New EME bugs since the last meeting related to Bug 26332



a) Bug 26332 Applications should only use EME APIs on secure origins (e.g. HTTPS)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26332

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item30

Status: See Henri's reply and additional new bugs 27268, 27269, 27270, 27271 and 27272:

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item30



b) New Bug 27268 - Add a definition of a distinctive identifier

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27268



c) New Bug 27269 - Normatively require distinctive identifiers to be different by top-level and EME-using origin

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27269



d) New Bug 27270 - Normatively require distinctive identifiers to be forgettable/regeneratable

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27270



e) New Bug 27271 - Normatively require https for all ancestor origins when requiring https at all

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27271



f) New Bug 27272 - Normatively require distinctive identifiers to be encrypted on the Key System level when EME is not being restricted to secure origins only

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27272



7. Additional new EME bugs since the last meeting



a) New Bug 27283 - InvalidAccessError usage is questionable; use TypeError instead?

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27283



8. Bugs not discussed at F2F



a) Bug 27067 - Define what to do when CDM becomes unavailable

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27067

Status: See recent discussion:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27067#c11



b) Bug 27093 - Support for proprietary/system-specific formats in initData should be discouraged/deprecated

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27093

Status: See discussion:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27093#c10



c) Bug 27124 - Add "individualizationrequest" to the MediaKeyMessageType enum

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27124

Status: See questions:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27124#c14



d) Bug 27138 - Consider changing how the MediaKeySession method algorithms run other algorithms to more accurately reflect implementations

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27138



9. Items from F2F meeting discussion



a) Bug 25923 - The mechanism for checking key system support should be asynchronous

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25923#c42

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item19

Status: David needs to redesign the dictionary and then get feedback.



b) Bug 27053 - Platform Segmentation

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27053

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item23

Status: Long discussion at F2F meeting.  We agreed to not close and to have more discussion.  Some follow up:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27053#c10



c) Bug 27054 Accessibility Concerns

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27054

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item24

ddorwin: John Foliot and i discussed
... i thought someone was going to file a bug and fill it in
... one problem area is high-contrast

paulc: you'll spin off bugs for audio/video/text

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27054#c8



d) Bug 27055 Surfacing license to the user

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27055

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item25

ACTION-68: Arrange meeting with sergey for bug 27055

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/68

Status: Pending.



e) Bug 27166 - All identifiers associated with a user should be clearable in the same way cookies are

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27166

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item26

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item28

Status: Related to 27168.  Awaiting text from Henri S:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27166#c3

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27168



f) Bug 27165 - User agents should warn users if they bring along unclearable identifiers

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27165

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item27

Status: See discussion on 27166.



g) Bug 26776 Diagnosing and resolving CDM errors needs a numeric systemCode (deleted with MediaKeyError)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item33

Status:  See Mark's summary of Jerry's actions:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26776#c10



h) Bug 26887 Allowing license servers and CDMs to control data persistence and secure release

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26887

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item34

Status: Jerry to make concrete proposal.



i) Bug 27111 - Separate "persistent" session type into persistent license and presistent key release

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27111

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item36

Status: Assigned to David at F2F meeting:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27111#c1



j) Bug 26738 Add entry for MPEG-2 TS CENC to the Stream Format Registry

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27111

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item37

Status: Awaiting action on Bug 26811 and then action by Bob Lund.



k) Bug 26811 Separate definitions of Initialization Data Types from Stream Format parsing

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26811

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item39

Status: Awaiting action on bug 26372.

>paulc: lower priority

... it blocks Bug 26738

... can you raise priority

>ddorwin: i want to do 26372 first



l) Bug 26372 Report issues/events not related to a specific method call

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26372

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item38

>ddorwin: i'm going to implement something like we agreed, and iterate

... it's going to look "maplike"



m) Bug 26573 Prepare for Last Call

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26573

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item40

Status: See plh's answer:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26573#c4



n) Bug 24771 Provide guidance on object and CDM lifetime (including when events are guaranteed to be fired)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24771

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item41

Status: Lower priority since it does not impact interoperability.



o) Bug 26838 Normatively address vulnerabilities related to initData contained in media data

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26838

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item42

Status: Possibly dependent on Bug 26332.



p) Bug 25092 Need a way to inform script that resolution restrictions are applied

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25092#c23

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item43

Status; Paul or Mark to follow up.



q) Bug 24874 Positive isTypeSupported() may be misleading (MSE vs. .src=)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24874

http://www.w3.org/2014/10/30-html-wg-minutes.html#item47

Status: See Joe's recent reply:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24874#c4



10. Any other business



11. Chair and Scribe for next meeting



12. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge:

   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")

https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366



Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80


Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 10 November 2014 04:16:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:05 UTC