W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > March 2014

{minutes} HTML WG media telecon 2014-03-18 EME bug discussion

From: John Simmons <johnsim@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:47:06 +0000
To: "<public-html-media@w3.org>" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <d93133a789a749fe8fb56dff733344d9@BY2PR03MB042.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html

________________________________

[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>

- DRAFT -
HTML Media Task Force Teleconference
18 Mar 2014

Agenda<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Mar/0032.html>

See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-irc>

Attendees
Present
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
johnsim
Contents

  *   Topics<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#agenda>
1.   rollcall<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item01>
2.   Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item02>
3.   Agenda Item #5 - new EME bugs since the last meeting<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item03>
4.   EME bugs for discussion<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item04>
5.   Implemented EME bugs awaiting review<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item05>
6.   8. EME bugs awaiting Editor implementation or action<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item06>
7.   9. EME bugs on hold or lower priority<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#item07>

  *   Summary of Action Items<http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html#ActionSummary>

________________________________

<trackbot> Date: 18 March 2014

scribenick johnsim

<plh> scribeNick: johnsim

rollcall
Action Items

<paulc> ACTION-61?

<trackbot> ACTION-61 -- Paul Cotton to Work with wendy to make sure we get a security review of eme -- due 2013-12-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/61

paulc: no progress due to lack of resources

<paulc> ACTION-62?

<trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Paul Cotton to Report back about the plan for 20944 due 2013-12-15 -- due 2013-12-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/62

This action is pending

Agenda Item #5 - new EME bugs since the last meeting

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24951

<paulc> Status: Blocks 17673 24673 24873

ddorwin: fell under the discussion with David Singer.

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17673

paulc: 17673 implementation is necessary - and last meeting Adrian agreed to implement 17673

ddorwin: need to fix the new bug 24951 first

David and Adrian need to figure out who is actually going to do the work on 24951

<crickets>

adrianba: 24951 is describing the solution that Adrian is planning for 17673.

Assign 24951 to Adrianba

paulc: deals with agenda item 5a

Subtopic: persistent license

paulc: don't know if there is a bug for this but since there is active discussion...

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Mar/0020.html

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24025

ddorwin: came out of a bug, two issues - load session with createsession and proposed persistent attribute is poorly defined
... i have an action to break this bug into separate bugs with a better proposal for the persistent attribute, outlined in the email

<ddorwin> 24025 is the bug that started the email thread.

EME bugs for discussion

paulc: eight items under this agenda

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24771

paulc: we have those actions done. Adrian, Jerry or John want more time since no clarity on who from MSFT was going to look at this according to the March 4th meeting

Microsoft will review and enter their position in the bug

Subtopic: 24873

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24873

paulc: as far as I know this bug has not been assigned, extensive dialog yesterday on this, can you summarize, David?

<markw> Looks ok to me

paulc: anyone else who wants to review this before we move forward?

looks okay to me

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24873#c0

pal: concrete example of how this would work?

ddorwin: examples for key systems and type, but not on capability

<adrianba> i continue to think the idea of an unspecified string is probably going to be problematic

pal: significant change, an attempt what this would look like with common combinations of container, content protection systems

ddorwin: are examples in the bug

paulc: up the priority on 24951

pal: this is suggesting that video - two proposals at the top

ddorwin: the first one is the primary one, not tied to either one of them

paulc: this bug is assigned for implementation to ddorwin

Subtopic: 24874

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24874

<paulc> See https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24874#c1

paulc: best plan to ask for someone to review this?

ddorwin: yes

jdsmith will review

Subtopic: 24904

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24904

paulc: there is a recent update, 24687 was resolved by specifying a copy should be made, in the html5 specification - proposing the same solution?

ddorwin: just an observation

paulc: html5 has decided to take a copy, does anyone object to doing the same?
... not hearing an objection, should put it on the implementation list - assigned to ddorwin

based on solution in html5

subtopic: 21798

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21798

paulc: pending, lower priority

subtopic: 24027

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24027

paulc: Mark, ready to be processed?

ddorwin: read this when markw sent it. confused on content

markw: from new version of common encryption spec

ddorwin: will want to review in more detail

johnsim: johnsim will review that also

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24419

depends on https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=27682

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17682

awaiting concrete proposal on solution which would have been used in 17682

Subtopic: 24419

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24419

Subtopic: 24673

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24673

depends on 24951

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24951

Implemented EME bugs awaiting review
8. EME bugs awaiting Editor implementation or action
9. EME bugs on hold or lower priority
Summary of Action Items
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.138 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2014-03-18 15:45:02 $
________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11

Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/



Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)



Succeeded: s/29718/21798/

Found ScribeNick: johnsim

Inferring Scribes: johnsim



WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!

Possibly Present: Microsoft Status Subtopic adrianba davide ddorwin html-media https jdsmith johnsim joined markw pal paulc pladd plh scribeNick trackbot wseltzer

You can indicate people for the Present list like this:

        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary

        <dbooth> Present+ amy



Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Mar/0032.html



WARNING: No meeting chair found!

You should specify the meeting chair like this:

<dbooth> Chair: dbooth



Found Date: 18 Mar 2014

Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/18-html-media-minutes.html

People with action items:



WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.

You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.




[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]


John C. Simmons | Media Platform Architect | Microsoft Corporation | direct 425-707-2911 | mobile 425-269-5759





image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 15:47:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:02 UTC