W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > March 2014

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2014-03-04 - EME bug discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 02:06:11 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <fcf80d775aa1497bb18b025b6527c226@BL2PR03MB418.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2014-03-04 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.



http://timeanddate.com/s/2jfn



Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.



Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe



2. Previous meeting minutes

Feb 18: http://www.w3.org/2014/02/18-html-media-minutes.html

Feb 4: http://www.w3.org/2014/02/04-html-media-minutes.html

Jan 28: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/28-html-media-minutes.html



3. Review of action items and issues

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/



a) ACTION-61: Work with wendy to make sure we get a security review [ Paul ]

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/61

Status: Paul reached out to Wendy again on Jan 23:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jan/0056.html



b) ACTION-62: Report back about the plan for 20944 due 2013-12-15 [ Paul ]

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/62

Status: No action yet but see developments on 20944:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20944#c34

and subsequent replies.



4. EME status and bugs



a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

 http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html

Last updated on Feb 24.



b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

Status as of Mar 3: 22 bugs



5. NEW EME bugs since the last meeting



a) Bug 24771 - Provide guidance on object and CDM lifetime (including when events are guaranteed to be fired)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24771



b) Bug 24873 - Current isTypeSupported() definition does not provide sufficient information to applications

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24873



c) Bug 24874 - Positive isTypeSupported() may be misleading (MSE vs. .src=)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24874



d) Bug 24904 - Uint8Array parameters should not be modifiable after method calls return

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24904

See also the thread at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Mar/0002.html



6. EME bugs for discussion



a) Bug 17673 - Define Initialization Data for implementations that choose to support the ISO Base Media File Format

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17673

See recent postings since Feb 18 meeting:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17673#c42



b) Bug 17750 - Define the behavior MediaKeySession close() and clearing the keys attribute

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17750

See recent response from Adrian since Feb 18 meeting:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17750#c26



c) Bug 21798 - Revisit MediaKeyError codes

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21798

Status from Jan 28 meeting: Error codes and constants removed. New error names need to be proposed and added.

Feb 4: David said he would go through whole thread and generate a response.

See recent response from Adrian since Feb 18 meeting:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21798#c19



d) Bug 23619 - Change MediaKeyError to extend DOMError and use strings for error names

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23619

See recent response from Adrian since Feb 18 meeting:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23619#c10



e) Bug 24027 - Define a generic Initialization Data solution for ISO Base Media File Format and/or Common Encryption (will be used by Clear Key)

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24027

Mark agreed added a concrete proposal after Feb 18 meeting:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24027#c6



f) Bug 24419 - Clear Key: Define license request format

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24419

Feb 4: David said he would implement the proposed solution.  But see Adrian's question:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24419#c1



g) Bug 24673 - Make all content type string checks case-sensitive

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24673

See Adrian and David's dialogue starting at:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24673#c2



7. Implemented EME bugs awaiting review



a) Bug 18515 - Provide more details on behavior of the media element when the key for an encrypted block is not available

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515

Implemented and awaiting review:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515#c21



b) Bug 24270 - Make MediaKeySession State Definitions and Event Summary sections non-normative

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24270



c) Bug 24323 - Rename "First Time a Key Reference is Encountered" algorithm and remove key ID checks from Container Guidelines subsections

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24323



d) Bug 24368 - Define playback behavior when the key for an encrypted block is not available for a subset of streams

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24368



8. EME bugs awaiting Editor implementation or action



a) Bug 17202 - Explicitly document how keys are to be shared

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17202

Next action: David to make changes in comment 3



b) Bug 17682 - Clear Key: Document how keys and key IDs are associated

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17682

Next action: David to add note.

c) Bug 23828 - HTMLSourceElement with |keySystem| attribute should create MediaKeys object for |keySystem|

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23828

Next action: Adrian to make changes (low priority - see 23827)



d) Bug 24026 - Document that URLs (destinationURL) should/may be validated and/or normalized

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24026

Next action: David to add proposed text (to bug or spec)



e) Bug 24081 - The READY state is too limiting and should be more like the PENDING state

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24081

Next action: TF to discuss David's proposal (Microsoft is supportive)

Status from Jan 28 meeting: David to implement his proposal.



f) Bug 24216 - setMediaKeys() needs more specification

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24216

David agreed to develop a proposal:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24216#c2



9. EME bugs on hold or lower priority



a) Bug 20944 - EME should do more to encourage/ensure CDM-level interop

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20944

Next action: ACTION-62 on Paul



b) Bug 23827 - Need to add features at risk prior to entry into Candidate Recommendation

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23827

Next action: wait until LC



c) Bug 24025 - Add optional configuration parameter to MediaKeys constructor

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24025

Next action: discuss as part of 24082 below. Tied to the general extensibilty issue.

Mark added his use case on Feb 18:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24025#c9



d) Bug 24082 - Several issues discussed in the TF point to the need for defined extensibility points in EME

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24082

Next action: TF agreed that members need to propose use cases - not blocking and lower priority



e) Bug 24322 - Reorganize spec by object

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24322

Next action: significant editorial change just needs editing - not blocking



10. Any other business



11. Chair and Scribe for next meeting



12. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge:

   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")

https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366



Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80 Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Tuesday, 4 March 2014 02:06:44 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:02 UTC