W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-media@w3.org > December 2013

{agenda} HTML WG media telecon 2013-12-10 - EME and MSE status and bug discussion

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 00:47:03 +0000
To: "public-html-media@w3.org" <public-html-media@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4e05f9dd36fd45a9b381fbe35118da86@BL2PR03MB418.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
The HTML WG media teleconference meeting will occur on 2013-12-10 for up to 60 minutes from 15:00Z to 16:00Z.



http://timeanddate.com/s/2hfe



Tokyo midnight, Amsterdam/Oslo 17:00, London/Dublin 16:00, New Jersey/York 11:00, Kansas City 10:00, Seattle/San Francisco 08:00.



Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton

Scribe: TBD



(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)



== Agenda ==



1. Roll call, introductions and selection of scribe



2. Previous meeting minutes

F2F minutes: http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-html-wg-minutes.html

Dec 3: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Dec/0002.html



3. Review of action items and issues

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/

Status: We need to review the outstanding action items since I believe many are outdated as a result of F2F discussions.



4. MSE status and bugs



a) Media Source Extensions editor's draft:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html

Status as of Dec 9:  Last updated on Dec 3.



b) Media Source Extensions candidate draft

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/default/media-source/media-source-cr.html



c) Media Source Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/6pdnzej

Status as of Dec 9: 2 bugs.  See below.



d) All Last Call bugs

http://tinyurl.com/lowrcmq



e) Action plan to enter CR



1) ACTION-57 - File a bug on mse about the file api change [on Aaron Colwell - due 2013-12-10].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/57

DONE.  See:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23989



2) ACTION-58 - Speak to editors of file api spec about resurrecting "origin of blob" text in spec [on Adrian Bateman - due 2013-12-10].

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/58



3) ACTION-59: paulc to coordinate with Web Apps on the streams API, give them MSE requirements and timeline

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/59



4) ACTION-60: Produce a summary of last call comments dispositions [Adrian]

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/60



5) Bug 23169 - reconsider the jitter video quality metrics again

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23169#c16

Status: REOPENED

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23169#c17



6) CfC for MSE CR Working Draft is awaiting ACTION-58, ACTION-60 and Bug 23169



5. EME status and bugs



a) Encrypted Media Extensions editor's draft

 http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html

Last updated on Nov 14.



b) Encrypted Media Extensions bugs:

http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

Status as of Dec 9: 21 bugs (previously 17 bugs)



c) F2F action plan and action items

http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-html-wg-minutes.html#item01

http://www.w3.org/2013/11/14-html-wg-minutes.html#item20



1) ACTION-61: Work with wendy to make sure we get a security review [ Paul ]

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/61



2) ACTION-62: Report back about the plan for 20944 due 2013-12-15 [ Paul ]

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/62



6. New EME bugs this week



a) Bug 23828 - HTMLSourceElement with |keySystem| attribute should create MediaKeys object for |keySystem|

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23828



b) Bug 23866 - Remove section 4.3. Addition to Media Element Load Algorithm

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23866



c) Bug 23897 - Add keysystem content attribute for to HTMLSourceElement

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23897



d) Bug 23955 - Add optional MediaKeys.loadSession(DOMString sessionId) method

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23955



e) Bug 24025 - Add optional configuration parameter to MediaKeys constructor

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24025



f) Bug 24026 - Document that URLs (destinationURL) should/may be validated and/or normalized

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=24026



7. Other EME bugs for discussion



a) Bug 23733 - Consider prohibiting support of active content by CDMs

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23733



8. Other EME bugs awaiting action by Editors



a) Bug 17199 - Provide examples for and get feedback on Key Release

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17199

Status: David thinks this is mostly obsolete, especially with 23955. David thinks we just need to remove some existing text as discussed at TPAC.



b) Bug 17202 - Explicitly document how keys are to be shared

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17202

Status: David to implement https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17202#c3



c) Bug 17660 - need token relative with user identity for a new generateKeyRequest parameter

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17660

Status: Adrian has an action: https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/54



d) Bug 17673 - Define Initialization Data for implementations that choose to support the ISO Base Media File Format

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17673

Status: Adrian(?) to document the new solution, which is basically to send the pssh boxes, preceded by the sinf box when relevant. We'll probably need a separate bug for the common PSSH format.



e) Bug 17682 - Clear Key: Document how keys and key IDs are associated

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17682

Statius: David TODO.



f) Bug 17750 - Define the behavior MediaKeySession close() and clearing the keys attribute

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17750

Status: Adrian?



g) Bug 18515 - Provide more details on behavior of the media element when the key for an encrypted block is not available

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18515

Status: Jerry to make a proposal: https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/51



h) Bug 20944 - EME should do more to encourage/ensure CDM-level interop

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20944



ACTION-62: Report back about the plan for 20944 due 2013-12-15 [Paul]

https://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/62



i) Bug 21203 - EME leaks information cross-origin

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21203

Status: Adrian to implement his proposal?



j) Bug 21798 - Revisit MediaKeyError codes

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21798

Status: David to resume this discussion.



k) Bug 21854 - Define MediaKeySession life cycle states and/or events

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21854

Status: Waiting for Adrian's reply to David's comments.



l) Bug 23619 - Change MediaKeyError to extend DOMError and use strings for error names

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23619

Status: David will implement along with 21798.



m) Bug 23827 - Need to add features at risk prior to entry into Candidate Recommendation

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=23827

Status: To be used when we are ready to enter CR.



9. Any other business



10. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

Status:  We need to decide if MSE or EME will meet on Dec 17.  The Dec 24 and 31 meetings have been cancelled.



11. Adjournment



== Dial-in and IRC Details ==



Zakim teleconference bridge:

   +1.617.761.6200, conference 63342 ("media")

https://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_5366



Supplementary IRC chat (logged):

   #html-media on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80



Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada

17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3

Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Tuesday, 10 December 2013 00:47:45 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:33:01 UTC