Re: Position Papers Guidelines for W3C Workshop

Hi Chris,

Le 26 avr. 2007 à 08:23, Chris Newman a écrit :
> I encourage you to actively seek out a moderate/open-minded person
> from the "prefers plain-text email" camp.  Such people may not be
> motivated to attend a workshop on HTML email without an active
> invitation, but those are the people you need to get on board to
> get broader deployment of HTML email.

More than the "prefers plain-text email" which might make it a bit
too binary.
What about discussing on the "option choices and its challenges".

* HTML <-> text conversion
* Interface choices for receiving emails
* statistics of user choices (when they have a clear choice)

Is there someone who is able to address these topics?

> In the event that IETF-related standards work in the IMAP/SMTP/MIME
> area would assist the deployability/usability of HTML email, I am
> open to such proposals. It's quite possible that MHTML (RFC 2557)
> needs some additional work to deploy more successfully.
>
>                - Chris Newman
>                IETF Applications Area Director

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***