Introduction

From: Bradley Allen <bradley.p.allen@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 10:22:53 -0700
To: "public-html-data-tf@w3.org" <public-html-data-tf@w3.org>
Since I managed to insert myself into the conversation on multiple
itemtypes without a proper introduction, I thought I'd take care of
that at this point.

I'm Brad Allen, and I head up Elsevier Labs. In that capacity, I
direct R&D in support of Elsevier's efforts to develop online
applications based on our content, which represents roughly 25% of the
peer-reviewed scientific and medical literature worldwide.

Our company is now well embarked on a course that embraces standards
from the Web community for the semantic enhancement, delivery and
presentation of our content online, and engagement with the community
in the evolution of these standards is clearly key to our success in
applying them. I myself have spent a quarter century working on
applications of semantic technology, dating back to the expert systems
days of the mid-eighties, and spent the decade prior to my joining
Elsevier running a startup focused on delivering RDF-based
applications for information access and discovery.

Hence my interest in HTML data, this list and the effort that Jeni is
chairing. - regards, BPA

Bradley P. Allen
http://bradleypallen.org