Re: Multiple types from different vocabularies (ACTION-7)

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philip@foolip.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:22:55 +0200
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, Evan Sandhaus <sandhes@nytimes.com>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>, public-html-data-tf@w3.org
On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 21:23, Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com> wrote:

> Ted / Philip: Do you have any feeling about whether browsers might end up natively supporting the microdata vocabularies from the WHATWG HTML spec [2] (eg to give better integration with people's address books or calendars) or are they likely to support equivalent types/properties from the schema.org vocabulary, or do nothing natively with embedded data?

Sure, I think that's entirely possible. At the very least I expect to
see extensions that export to web-based calendars and contacts. In
other words, the multiple types should be exposed via the DOM API, and
we'll update our implementation to align with the spec when it
changes.

--
Philip Jägenstedt