Introduction

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 18:16:43 +0300
To: public-html-data-tf@w3.org
My HTML5-related software development activities include originating
Validator.nu, writing the HTML5 parser that it uses, porting the
parser into Firefox and writing other related code in Firefox around
the parser & DOM area. In the past, I've been known to criticize
prefix-based indirection and the way RDFa interacts with the DOM and
HTML parsing. I worry about long-term effects of complexity added to
the Open Web Platform--both in terms of complexity for implementors
and complexity for Web authors. I've been designated as the code
reviewer for the implementation of the Microdata API in Firefox. I'm a
metadata skeptic. (I believe metadata exists but I tend to doubt its
cost/benefit characteristics.)

Disclosure: I'm contracting for Mozilla.
Disclaimer: I'm speaking my mind--not official Mozilla positions, so
you shouldn't take what I say as statements from Mozilla.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi