Re: HTML Data Guide draft

On Dec 19, 2011, at 12:11 , Henri Sivonen wrote:

> * Was RDFa really originally designed for XHTML 1.1 instead of
> XHTML2? I thought it was designed for XHTML2 and was backported to
> XHTML 1.1. http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/02/xhtml-rdf.html omits
> namespace declarations in the host language but mentions XHTML2 in
> passing as a rationale for a design decision.

While historically it is true that the idea of RDFa came out of the XHTML2 work, that is fairly irrelevant. RDFa 1.0 has been defined for XHTML1.1 without any reference to XHTML2 whatsoever, and was defined by a joined task force with a WG that had nothing to do with XHTML2.

Ivan

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153