Alarm: Style rules may change semantic part of an HTML document.

From: Cyril <cyril2@SAFe-mail.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:02:15 +0300
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Dear Sirs,

I am writing you because I am worry that style information may
occasionally alter semantic part of an HTML document. What I find not
allowable.

Particularly it is a CSS rule «text-decoration: line-through».

E. g., when user switches-off an alternative style sheet containing an
above mentioned rule, the text

  “it is n̶o̶t̶ specified”

is altered to the text

  “it is not specified”.

May be to return some former HTML properties influencing on the semantic
part, such as 〈font strike〉?

Best regards,
Cyril.