Download Button

From: Björn Dieding <bjoern@xrow.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:05:58 +0000
To: "public-html-comments@w3.org" <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Hi,

me and my team are discussing what the best way is to present a download button.

We came to the conclusion to use:

BUT...

We are a bit unsure whether the <button type="button"> is an interactive element or not. The specification doesn`t especially list the <button type="button"> as an exception from being non-interactive. It just says under http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/forms.html#the-button-element the attribute value button "Does nothing.". We assume "Does nothing." means non-interactive, but we are not sure, if this was the intended.
It would be nice, if one from the editors could comment on this one.

We also think that if the specification could be altered to clarify this point on those 2 places that would be helpful.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/dom.html#interactive-content-0
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/forms.html#the-button-element

Best regards,
Björn Dieding