Re: Keep DRM out of Web standards -- Reject the Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) proposal

From: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:11:57 -0500
To: W3C Public HTML <public-html@w3.org>, W3C Public HTML Comments <public-html-comments@w3.org>
(I can’t tell whether we have a “canonical” DRM in HTML thread—there
are numerous—but one should probably stay open.)

I like to emphasize that DRM should be regarded as a bigger
socio-political problem around intellectual property, not a technical
issue with HTML and its periphery. I’ve jotted down a few thoughts in
<http://meiert.com/en/blog/20131122/drm-and-html/>.

Timing is deliberate as the topic appears too important to just die.

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

✍ New book! http://meiert.com/everyday-adventurer