RE: HTML 5 ...

From: John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'Charles Pritchard'" <chuck@jumis.com>, "'Barry Kintner'" <barry@a2zcomputerworks.com>
Cc: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Charles Pritchard wrote:

> Would you enumerate the elements and/or attributes you are concerned
> about losing?
>
> For example: the longdesc attribute on images has been dropped without
> compatibility notes nor a practical replacement.

Minor point of clarification: the status of @longdesc is still
undetermined at this time. There is an open issue (Issue 30 -
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30) which is still before the
Chairs, and currently 3 Change Proposals submitted around that Issue.

In the immortal words of Mark Twain "The report of my death was an
exaggeration" (see also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_premature_obituaries)

JF