HTML 5 ...

From: Barry Kintner <barry@a2zcomputerworks.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:35:55 -0700
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Good day -

-- Please do not drop recognition of older (simpler) HTML vocabulary. I find far too many people are over-using CSS etc - not really
knowing or understanding the needs of the visitor. I have even downloaded a page with a CSS file over 300k for a web page of 20k - this is
a practice that is un-acceptable.

-- I find I've been able to re-create business web pages - with all functionality retained - that are 60-90% smaller in file size, by using
so-called 'older' standards. Retain all the old codes that had been usable before (from 3.2-4.x).

-- I've made well over 2000 web pages and find I rarely need the 'latest' code for my audiences. This proposal is NOT a step forward - as I
understand it now.

Thank you

..
Barry Kintner  -  Phoenix, Arizona  USA