Re: Encoding interaction of HTTP response header and META tag

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 08:50:06 +0100, Wayne pollock <wpollock@hccfl.edu>
wrote:
> But security is vital, so I agree it is not wise to change the order.  I
> guess the best procedure is to convert all files on a server to a single
> encoding.  (While I like UTF-8 too, I can see where that is biased
> against non-Western languages and no single byte encoding will work well
> for everyone.)

Using UTF-8 always is fine, even for non-Western languages:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Feb/0087.html

There are also some other reasons why you would want to use UTF-8:

http://annevankesteren.nl/2009/09/utf-8-reasons

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/