Re: Role of this email group after October 1st

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:15:44 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
CC: public-html-comments@w3.org, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
On 09/30/2010 03:04 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
> On 9/30/10 1:21 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> On 09/30/2010 01:13 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>> According to the Last Call timeline, starting tomorrow (Oct 1) all new
>>> bugs in the HTML WG bugzilla data are automatically labeled Last Call
>>> comments, which is somewhat equivalent to being made an issue, directly.
>>
>> How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>> My assumption is that bugs entered during Last Call will be processed
>> in a manner very similar to the way that bugs are resolved today: a
>> set of them will be FIXED, a set will be WONTFIX and not pursued, and
>> a set will become TrackerRequests and we will solicit change proposals.
>
> Because the timeline said that bugs entered into the database after
> October 1 will be treated like Last Call comments.
>
> "
> - Oct 1, 2010 - cutoff for bugs to be considered as pre-LC feedback
> Consequence of missing this date: bugs beyond this date will be treated
> as Last Call comments. The Chairs could grant exceptions on a
> case-by-case basis, but in general there is no guarantee of a bug filed
> after the cutoff being settled before Last Call.
> "

And how, exactly is that "somewhat equivalent to being made an issue,
directly"?

I'm assuming that the general process will be roughly the same; the key
difference is that bugs entered after October 1 will not be guaranteed
to block entrance to Last Call.

If there are suggestions as to how the process should be changed, I
would suggest entering them as bugs on the Decision Policy:

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&component=working+group+Decision+Policy

>> - Sam Ruby
>
> Shelley

- Sam Ruby