Re: HTML WG: ISSUE-120 Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:38:00 +0200
To: Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com>
Cc: nathan@webr3.org, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, RDFa WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>, public-html-comments@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Shane McCarron, Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:31:53 -0500:
>  I actually think ISSUE-41 is completely orthogonal to the direction
> RDFa is going.  RDFa Core defines @prefix and effectively deprecates
> xmlns.  We don't care about namespaces.  We never did.  We just
> needed a way to map one string to another for shorthand vocabulary
> terms that are easily dereferenced on the web.

OK, thank you for that update. Well, I was a aware ofre @prefix. But I
thought that you still were interested in xmlns support in HTML5. So it
seems that the change proposals w.r.t. to ISSUE-41 do not need to
consider RDFa, then. Sorry, tried to pay the bill without the host -
never a good idea ...
--
leif halvard silli