Re: Proposal on html HEADING elements

Despite it is a good idea, I think those elements will be used that much in
the wild, making their creation and adoption a not viable.

Most websites rarely reach to use h5 and h6 headings to display their
content, and if the need goes beyond, generally we see a split to wrappers.
This is even more true with new tags like article, section and aside.

For listings content, nested ordered lists are semantically enough to
describe the hierarchy.

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Jukka K. Korpela <
jukka.k.korpela@kolumbus.fi> wrote:

> Kaseluris, Nikos wrote:
>
>  H0-element we need for the title of the document INSIDE the
>> body-element. In html5 docs, inside the header-element.
>> The H7-H9-elements we need only in very few cases, but they exist!!!
>>

> I support the idea of H7, H8, H9, because such elements are needed when
> extensive material, like a book, is presented as a single HTML document. At
> present, we need to resort to something like <div class="h7">. A
> single-document format for a large book problematic in many ways and hardly
> the best primary format, but as a secondary format, it may well serve people
> who wish to use search facilities, print the material, or convert it to
> other formats.
>
> I don't understand the idea of an H0 element. I have always thought that H1
> is supposed to contain a heading for the entire document, and that's what it
> is typically used for. It is the first-level heading, so what would be the
> zeroth level?
>
> --

Um abraço, Perdigão.