Re: Proposal on html HEADING elements

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jukka.k.korpela@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 22:27:17 +0300
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Kaseluris, Nikos wrote:

> H0-element we need for the title of the document INSIDE the
> body-element. In html5 docs, inside the header-element.
> The H7-H9-elements we need only in very few cases, but they exist!!!

I support the idea of H7, H8, H9, because such elements are needed when
extensive material, like a book, is presented as a single HTML document. At
present, we need to resort to something like <div class="h7">. A
single-document format for a large book problematic in many ways and hardly
the best primary format, but as a secondary format, it may well serve people
who wish to use search facilities, print the material, or convert it to
other formats.

I don't understand the idea of an H0 element. I have always thought that H1
is supposed to contain a heading for the entire document, and that's what it
is typically used for. It is the first-level heading, so what would be the
zeroth level?

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/