HTML5 comment

From: heikki saha <heikki.saha@tke.fi>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:10:29 +0300 (EEST)
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Dear sirs,

I read through the draft of HTML5 and was surprised of that
frames will be deprecated. I have been using them successfully
and developed client-side data concentration based on multiple
frames. The idea is to be able to receive and display data
from multiple servers without a need for constant refresh rate.
It is also nice way to use smaller compositions for smaller
screens and larger compositions for larger screens. The only
real alternative approach I have found is to use SVG, but:
- It is not yet well supported by all embedded browsers
- It is not as flexible e.g. by means of backgrounds

Therefore I'd recommend to keep the frames in the HTML5.

Target application area is industrial automation HMIs, where
data reports from the whole system-area are largely used.

Best regards,

-H

TK Engineering Oy
Heikki Saha, CTO, Dr.Tech.