Can accessing the device microphone and camera be added to HTML5?

From: Fenton Travers <fenton_travers@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 20:11:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Can accessing the device microphone and camera be added to HTML5?  I've noticed other people asking for this on the web and it would be great functionality to have.  I've searched this news group with keywords: microphone, mic, camera, but haven't seen any results.  I'd sure like to hear what people have got to say about this.

Thanks,

Fenton