HTML5 : Geolocation in META

From: Gectou4 ALPH@sis <ALPH@sis>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:25:41 +0200
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Dears everyone,

I'm not sure if it's the good place to talking about it but
we can't do nothing if we don't try !

When I'm reading HTML 5 working draft and Geolocation API docs.
I feel it's might missing something with Geolocation.

With the recent work, we will able to know where the user is.
But we can't precise "where" the website is (for search engine
at sample).

I'm don't talking about where the server of the website is, but
where is the content of the website.

Some website can talk about shop, area, events...
Do you think it's interesting to add latitude and longitude
or may be an adress in the <meta> data of a webpage to know
the content localisation for further applications ?

It might be useful when we search some
conveniences or local website where we currently are
from a smartphone, laptop or recently some Tablet.

Thanks for your comments and for your kind attention.
G4