Re: HTML datatype for compat w/ rdf?

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:29:37 +0200
Cc: public-html-comments@w3.org
To: nathan@webr3.org
(Disclaimer for this mailing list: This is not a response from the HTML WG.)

On Feb 16, 2010, at 00:44, Nathan wrote:

> In short, is there a dedicated datatype for HTML(5) which can be used
> within RDF; if not are there any plans to specify one?

I recommend parsing the HTML content into a tree according to the HTML parsing algorithm[1], applying the coercion to Infoset rules[2] and storing the resulting Infoset as an XMLLiteral in RDF.

[1] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/parsing.html#parsing
[2] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-end.html#coercing-an-html-dom-into-an-infoset

--
Henri Sivonen