HTML datatype for compat w/ rdf?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:44:33 +0000
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Hi All,

I have a quick question as to the datatype of HTML - scenario is that I
need to store both full HTML documents and HTML fragments within RDF.

Currently I can store valid XHTML fragments using the rdf:XMLLiteral
type; however noted/*ass*uming that moving forward this won't be
possible (?);

Further I can see no mention of an "HTML" data type within the XSD 1.1
datatypes, it doesn't validate as a string from what I can tell and so
forth and so on.

In short, is there a dedicated datatype for HTML(5) which can be used
within RDF; if not are there any plans to specify one?

Many Regards

Nathan