Re: volunteering for change proposal for issue 117

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:39:58 -0400
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>
CC: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, public-html-comments@w3.org, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
On 08/25/2010 06:28 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
> I'm volunteering to write a change proposal for Issue 117.

In that case, I encourage you to rejoin the working group.

> I also want to ask for an update on my other issues:
>
> The surveys for Issues 96 and 97 ended over three months ago. In fact,
> we're heading towards the fourth month. Any idea when a decision on
> these will be released?
>
> The change proposals for issues 89 and 92 were provided several months
> ago (March and April). Any idea when these will go to survey?
>
> Issue 100 did just complete a survey. Any idea when a decision on this
> one may be forthcoming?

We do not have specific dates assigned to these items just yet.  In the
specific case of new surveys, I can say that issue-41 is ahead of issues
89 and 92.

> I asked to re-open Issue 106[1]. As I stated, I believe that the
> longdesc issue--including making obsolete an attribute that was valid in
> HTML4, without any intervening period of deprecation--is new
> information, as is the new interest in this topic. If you do, I will
> also write a change proposal for this item, too.

As issue 106 was closed without prejudice, new information is not a
requirement.

> Thanks for any information you can provide.
>
> Regards
>
> Shelley Powers

- Sam Ruby