The paranoid user

From: Gareth Rees <Gareth.rees@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:53:02 +0100
To: public-html-comments@w3.org
Section 6.12.2.1 "Hyperlink auditing" says:
> However, the ping attribute ... allows the paranoid user to disable
> the notifications without losing the underlying link functionality.

The use of the word "paranoid" suggests that such a user's concerns
about sending ping notifications are delusional: that is, in practice
there is no gain in privacy from disabling the notifications. Is this
what you mean to imply? If it is, I think it would be better if the
text were more explicit.

--
Gareth Rees