RE: Video DOM API

From: Arthur Clifford <art@artspad.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 15:06:05 -0700
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>
I would think that changing element.src would load and play unless
pre-buffering is enabled. If element is set to pre-buffer, then calling play
would be required after setting src. And calling play may not necessarily
need to be done immediately after src is set.

However, I think if you are going to have multiple audio clips playing back
to back that the idea someone mentioned a day or two ago makes more sense;
the idea of having a list of clip nodes that, in effect, is like having the
images array and the ability to preload images and dynamically swap image
sources at runtime via JS. Setting src on an img tag immediately displays
the image; should audio/video content be different? If a clip were preloaded
setting src to that clip would begin playing that clip, if it was not set to
preload it would load and play the clip as soon as you set the src of the
clip.

ArtC