Re: Video DOM API

On 10/10/09 10:44, Simon Pieters wrote:
> I think it is unreasonable, because pause() and play() are intended to
> be used for author-supplied scripted controls, and the user should be
> able to pause and play the first video without that causing the new
> video to be loaded.

But then why has the app author set the src= element if they don't want
the new file to be the one that element is playing?

Here's the bottom line: I and at least one other person have been
confused by this API, because we expect

element.src = "file";
element.play();

to play "file". I don't think that's unreasonable, I think it's sensible
and intuitive. My feedback on the spec is: make that work. I don't care
how :-)

Gerv