Re: Reminder: Server-sent events, remove custom event name capabilitiy from SSE wire syntax

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:16:31 +0100
To: "John Fallows" <john.fallows@kaazing.com>, "public-html-comments@w3.org" <public-html-comments@w3.org>
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:06:07 +0100, John Fallows
<john.fallows@kaazing.com> wrote:
> [...]

I think I requested to keep that in and I still think it is useful. It
allows for handling the incoming messages in separate ways without having
to parse the data field first. So you can have different handlers for
different types of incoming messages. It should be fairly trivial to
support, too. "error" and "open" would implement different interfaces so
they can be distinguished in that way. I suppose you could make them fail
to dispatch if you want to be careful though...

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/