Re: HTML5 and XML syntax

From: liorean <liorean@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:34:53 +0100
To: "HTML comments" <public-html-comments@w3.org>

Oops, mistakenly sent this to public-html instead of
public-html-comments at first...

On 28/01/2008, temp17@staldal.nu <temp17@staldal.nu> wrote:
> This implies that there is a browser in use which
> a) Refuse to display illformed XHTML when served as text/html

Not at all. The document was specifically served as text/html to ie,
implying that other browsers got application/xhtml+xml.

> b) Correctly display HTML with incorrect character entities
> Which browser is that?

Tell me which browser doesn't support unescaped ampersands in HREF and
SRC attributes for text/html content? It's one of the most common
XHTML coding errors around. It gets ignored in HTML mode, but YSoD in
XML mode.
David "liorean" Andersson