Re: Support for extensibility in HTML 5

From: Nikhil Kothari <nikhilko@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:14:21 -0800
To: "public-html-comments@w3.org" <public-html-comments@w3.org>
Yes, I see the spec for XBL - however the way I see it there are a couple of issues:

1.      Why is it yet another spec? I think there is value in having one over-arching spec representing the HTML and DOM platforms. The way I see it, extensibility is a core feature, and shouldn't have to be pieced together from different specs coming together.
2.      I haven't looked at the spec deeply, but a glance at the TOC seems to imply its still missing things like ability to define custom layouts and to write components that deeply integrate in the core DOM infrastructure.

Just some thoughts...