Re: Support for extensibility in HTML 5

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:00:49 +0100
To: "Nikhil Kothari" <nikhilko@microsoft.com>, "public-html-comments@w3.org" <public-html-comments@w3.org>

NB: personal view...

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:02:35 +0100, Nikhil Kothari
<nikhilko@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Specifically, I think it would be useful to rationalize the
> functionality of technologies such as HTC and XBL in allowing developers
> to create new tags/components that encapsulate behavior, rendering, and
> object model.

The Web Application Formats Working Group has been working on
standardizing XBL 2.0:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xbl/

Current status is call for implementations. Once we get two of those (and
a test suite) we can proceed.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren