Re: rel="self", rev="made"

From: Frank Ellermann <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:45:40 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: <public-html-comments@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> The point is that you asked why HTML 5 introduced
> "bookmark" which would be a synonym for "self" that
> Atom introduced. However, HTML 5 did not introduce
> "bookmark", HTML 4 did, in 1999.

That wasn't what I meant when I wrote:  "I wonder why
HTML5 doesn't adopt the (atom) rel='self'".  I missed
rel="self", nothing is wrong with the rel="bookmark".

I use the latter on many of my pages, experimentally
upgrading a few pages to rel="bookmark self" - after
the "shortcut icon" business forced me to understand
multi-relations.

>> Your draft is IMO far too ambitious.  How about a
>> "HTML 4.5" step cleaning up HTML 4.01 adding IRIs,
>> with a corresponding text/html XHTML 1.0.5 ?

> I don't think anyone has plans to work on that.

Maybe you get back to "KISS" after "one giant leap"
ended where it almost always ends... ;-)

 Frank