Accesskey Deprecation

From: Steven Edwards <cureadvocate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:00:52 -0500
To: public-html-comments@w3.org

As a user who has trouble accessing the mouse, the deprecation of the
accesskey attribute (with no stated replacement) concerns me.  The
attribute makes accessing links hidden under DHTML menus a breeze on the
few sites that support it.

Granted, keyboard functionality can be implemented with Javascript, but
that approach suffers from one major problem: it requires disabled users
to browse with Javascript enabled, leaving them open to potential
security vulnerabilities.

If it counts for anything, I vote to keep the accesskey attribute in HTML5.

Steven