Re: TR/html5-diff

From: Frank Ellermann <hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:13:11 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: public-html-comments@w3.org

On Jan 23, 2008 4:34 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> javascript: is being registered by Björn.

I've read his initial draft, it is very incomplete wrt security,
encoding valid scripts into attributes, and questions of
interoperability (Javascript versions).

> if the registries actually work in practice

FWIW, I had no problem to add the missing "dict:".  It is
extremely hard to fix "mailto:" (Martin just tries it again),
and "javascript:" is IMO beyond hard.

> we should get about: registered as well

That should be relatively simple if about:blank is the only
incarnation expected to have similar effects with different
browsers.

I have not the faintest idea about Javascript I18N, maybe
limiting it to URIs excluding (other) IRIs is perfectly fine.

 Frank