Re: Abbreviation or Acronym?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:11:51 +0000 (UTC)
To: Susan Jolly <easjolly@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: public-html-comments@w3.org

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Susan Jolly wrote:

> Either you intend to be able to handle braille correctly or not. I don't
> the think the view, "Oh well, the braille reader can probably deal with
> this," counts as accessibility.

I think it is too optimistic to think that Web authors will understand the
needs of braille users enough to cater for them. I also think longdesc=""
and summary="" have thought us that placing attributes for specific
disabilities into the language itself will result in overwhelming abuse to
the point where the target audience of those features actually have to
turn them off.