Re: Abbreviation or Acronym?

From: Susan Jolly <easjolly@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 12:22:21 -0700
To: <public-html-comments@w3.org>

Either you intend to be able to handle braille correctly or not. I don't the
think the view, "Oh well, the braille reader can probably deal with this,"
counts as accessibility.

The real question is whether HTML5 is intended to handle
Internationalization.  One of the Best Practices for XML
Internationalization is, "Do not put translatable text in attributes."
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xml-i18n-bp-20071031/#DevAttributes

I'm not asking for this much; all I'm asking for is an optional additional
attribute on the <abbr> element.

Susan Jolly