Re: CfC: to publish a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) of HTTP Form Extensions

Dear Paul, All:

After much discussion in PF, a full TF's telecon discussion, plus
additional discussions with staff and domain leads, PF has determined we
do not wish to pursue joint ownership of the "ARIA in HTML"
specification. I am withdrawing all objections and concerns I've
previously expressed. Furthermore, I note the document has received only
support for publication on its merits. Please do not hold back from
publication any longer on PF's behalf.

I do want to thank you and the entire HTML-WG for extending the CfC on
this question. We did have much to discuss, and PF actually went first
one way, then the other during our deliberations. However, after all
that discussion, we are satisfied that our concerns can, and will be met
by close coordination between our working groups in the HTML-A11Y,
through timely bug filings, and finally through the chartered
dependencies and extensive vetting requirements for progressing this
document through CR. Please expect additional memoranda for
clarification regarding these coordination expectations in the coming
few weeks.

Meanwhile, thanks to Steve and the HTML-WG for a great "ARIA in HTML" FPWD.

Janina