request a heartbeat publication of HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:01:51 +0100
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
Dear Chairs.

In regards to:
HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives

As It is unclear when  the document will be published as a note and what
direction the planned changes will take I consider it a reasonable request
that  a heartbeat draft be published by the HTML WG  before the new
editor(s) start work on the document. In its current form the document
accurately reflects the related advice on provision of text alternatives
contained in the HTML5 PR specification [1]. The current HTML5: Techniques
for providing useful text alternatives WD
http://www.w3.org/TR/html-alt-techniques/ is 2 years old and is largely
obsolete. I consider it an important of the review process to be able to
have a stable up to date snapshot of the document in its current form
available for myself and others who intend to contribute feedback as the
document changes.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html/embedded-content-0.html#alt