Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) <ifette@google.com>wrote:
>
>> Robert, I agree with your objectives and personally would support them
>> but I don't support the objection as I don't believe that advancement to
>> FPWD should be a time for people to demand resolution on particular issues.
>> LC or CR sure, but not on FPWD. It's a procedural thing for me.
>

> What is the official Google position on EME? Does Google intend to deploy
> EME in Chrome? Has Google determined which CDMs it will initially support?

The official position is that Google supports publication of EME as a FPWD.
We have added the APIs to Chrome and are working on early implementations
with content providers to try and flush out issues and provide more data
and implementation experience to the process.