Re: Oppose DRM ! Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> > You seem to believe that favoring EME means favoring DRM. I don't believe
> > that is true. That DRM is a possible application of EME does not make EME
> > bad or wrong and more than use of HTML for porn makes HTML bad or wrong
> (for
> > those that find porn morally wrong).
>
> The EME spec is fundamentally about allowing DRM.  Trying to pretend
> that it's designed for anything else, even if there are nods to
> additional uses in the spec, is simply dishonest.  Please stop.

DRM is simply one application of EME. It is certainly not the only
application. It is not dishonest to point out this fact; however, it is
misleading for you to insist that it is the only application.