Re: Oppose DRM ! Re: CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> You seem to believe that favoring EME means favoring DRM. I don't believe
> that is true. That DRM is a possible application of EME does not make EME
> bad or wrong and more than use of HTML for porn makes HTML bad or wrong (for
> those that find porn morally wrong).

The EME spec is fundamentally about allowing DRM.  Trying to pretend
that it's designed for anything else, even if there are nods to
additional uses in the spec, is simply dishonest.  Please stop.

~TJ