Re: Bugs organisation

Sorry for the ate response here...

On Jan 14, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we currently have a bunch of different places with bugs against the HTML spec.
>
> Under product HTML WG, by component:
> CR HTML5 spec		8 bugs
> HTML5 spec		127 bugs
> LC1 HTML5 spec		2 bugs
> maincontent element	4 bugs
> pre-LC1 HTML5 spec	3 bugs
>
> Under product HTML.next, by component:
> default			115 bugs
>
> That's a bit of a mess. I'd like to propose the following organisation:
>
> • HTML WG/CR HTML5 spec: all the bugs that we plan to fix inside of the CR (typically, typos and various kinds of must-have fixes).
>
> • HTML WG/HTML 5.1: all the bugs that we plan to fix in 5.1.
>
> • HTML.next/default: anything that we might consider for 5.2, but not now (at this stage, I don't expect there to be anything in there).

I like this organization, but I think it's confusing for HTML.next to be a separate "product" rather than component. I would suggest using something like:

HTML WG/HTML.next
HTML WG/HTML future
HTML WG/HTML future version

I like the "future" naming a bit better because "HTML.next" is ambiguous (does it mean 5.1, 5.2, or anything post-5.1?) while "future" more clearly means "later than any otherwise existing version. It's also easier to apply the pattern to our other specs if they turn out to need a "future" component.

Regards,
Maciej