Re: EME FPWD CfC is closed

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:23:28 -0700
To: Fred Andrews <fredandw@live.com>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "public-html-admin@w3.org" <public-html-admin@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Fred Andrews <fredandw@live.com> wrote:

> The issue at hand has wider implications than most.  The discussion
> started here, continues here, and is planned to return here.  I would
> ask the Chairs to be tolerant in this special case.
>
> The W3C are responsible for their own actions.  I really don't care
> what they decide because if they support DRM then they no longer
> matter as the good work will move elsewhere.

You ask the chairs to be tolerant, but then condescend by claiming that if
the W3C "support[s] DRM", then the W3C "no longer matter[s]".

It is statements like this that show how out of touch some individuals are
with respect to both W3C process and industry needs [1]. How can you expect
a rational discussion in this context?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0153.html

We are extending them the courtesy of helping them understand the issues.

So, your contribution to this thread is merely to help educate the W3C?
Rather patronizing aren't you.